Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 3 in London

I have become so unreliable with posting!

Today I finally got my Chipotle burrito.  Seriously, I've been craving it almost since the day I first left for France.  Can you believe it's already been more than two months since then?  So hard to believe this adventure will be over almost before I can blink.

It's funny, when one thinks of going to London, the classy British accent is one of the first things you'd expect to encounter, isn't it?  London is a soup of different accents, really.  There is of course the beautiful and princely English accent that we know from movies, and then there's the broader Cockney lilt.  Then you have your Irishmen and a few Scottish  natives sprinkled here and there.  It's also rather easy to find Americans here, as it is probably the least intimidating European travel destination for the likes of us.  It's quite astounding, really, the sheer variety of accents which can be found here on even the shortest walk to the neighborhood bakery.

After eating Chipotle for breakfast, I wandered around and ended up making a stop at the Planetarium, which was cool.  I'm always up for learning about stars and watching omnimax shows.  Later, I headed over to Covent Garden and did a bit of shopping.  It's really fun to see how popular fashion is different from country to country.  I'm falling in love with leather pants.  I think I'm going to have to invest in a good pair somewhere. 

Mom and I had dinner at a pub afterward, and the food was comforting and delicious, as it always seems to be here.  The English like their stews and sandwiches.  They also love their tea, of course.  I've been meaning to take a peek in a specialty British tea shop.  We've also decided to go see a theatre production tomorrow.  Phantom of the Opera was sold out (damn it), so we got tickets to Singing in the Rain.  It should be a fun time.

I'll start being more reliable with my entries again!  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment