Friday, October 12, 2012

Being Ridiculous

I am a story glutton.  When I find a book series or television show that I like, I devour it in as little time as possible.  There is no self control, no rationing, and no care for adequate sleep involved.  In addition, all other goals go out the window until I know how the story ends.

Right now, there are two things, a book and a show, which have so captured my imagination that I think of little else but where the plots could be going.  But today, when I wasn't chasing the plots of these things, we drove through gorgeous mountains to get to a town that wasn't so great to meet on of Edith's friends at a cafe.  We ordered lavish desserts; I got three balls of Italian gelato.  The pistachio flavor in particular was glorious.  After that, we drove through the mountains again and checked out a studio that Edith is thinking of renting for her haircutting practice.

All in all, not a terribly interesting day in terms of entertainment for you, but I was quite entertained yelling at my kindle and computer screen as the plot twists went rushing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment