Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lazy Day

It was kind of a lazy day today.  After spending about four hours curled up reading a book that turned out to be a bit of a letdown, I wandered outside and ended up at a bakery that I did not know existed.  I was hoping they'd have macarons, because I really really love those things, but they're not easy to find anywhere but Paris, but alas.  However, they did have this thing:


A sort of dark chocolate and clementine mousse.  Though I'm not usually a fan of the chocolate citrus combo, the flavors were so airy that I savored each bite alongside a cup of caramel tea.  

For dinner, I made an egg and potato casserole, with bacon cooked the way it deserves to be cooked.  It went nicely with red wine.

Tomorrow I have resolved to speak in only French.  My language skills have not been progressing the way I'd like, and it's largely due to the fact that Nico and Edith always speak in English to me.  Tomorrow shall be awkward but educational.  

No comments:

Post a Comment