Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Les Baux de Provence at Night

This evening I was in Les Baux long after the sun had set and the full moon had risen.  Adeline and I walked briskly down the narrow, lamp lit cobbled roads together in silence.  As my white trench coat rippled behind me in the chilly wind, the bell tolled, and I felt as though we were walking through the first page of an adventure story.


Can't you just imagine what it would have been like to walk hurriedly up to the castle in the dead of night to deliver an urgent message to the king?  

Adeline and I went for a walk during our English practice tonight, just to make things more interesting.  Before we actually got to the town, we stopped a ways off so as to far away view of the Les Baux illuminated.  


I did not take this picture (the one I posted before this was the only one out of dozens to come out somewhat clearly), but I wanted you to see how cool it looked.  

Today was not a day big on action, but the experience, however fleeting, was rich.  

No comments:

Post a Comment