Wednesday, October 31, 2012

French Fashion in Winter 2012


It was quite rainy and cold today, and the power went out, so I spent quite a while doing my writing by candlelight. 


It was a really nice day.  I just kept writing until the wick fizzled out.  Maybe that should be my writer's quirk.  Every day, I should light a tea light candle and just keep writing and writing until it burns right down to the end of the wick and the desk goes dark.  Considering tons of writers wrote standing in the nude or climbed trees nude before coming back down to write, having a candle quirk seems pretty normal to me. 

But after dinner this evening, Edith and I had a very long talk about fashion trends.  Vintage clothing is just becoming popular over here, though it's been popular in the US for a good three or four years now.  She laughed at the American habit of wearing Northface and Ugg boots in the winter.  I asked her if the French wear berets, and she laughed and made a gesture that I'm pretty sure is the equivalent of miming a nerdy guy pushing his glasses back up his nose with his index finger and said, "NO, Lind-zay!"

But okay, are you ready for what is going to be the hottest fashion trend in France this winter?  Ready??


That's right, ALADDIN PANTS!  Better start stocking up for next year, because apparently these are poised to dethrone skinny jeans.  I guess this style is nice if your thighs are your biggest insecurity.  Hopefully this is one of those flash-in-the-pan trends, like nautical striped clothing with anchor-shaped buttons was.

No comments:

Post a Comment