Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Best Way to Improve French Quickly

Today I decided to speak only in French, because my language skills have not been improving the way I'd like.  Whenever French people ask me questions, I have a mini panic time trying to figure out what they said and respond in a timely manner, which leads to some major stumbling over words.  After a few minutes of French conversation with Edith over dinner, however, it became much easier, and the words came more naturally.  Basically, I discovered that I'm not actually that bad at French; I just don't use the language enough every day.

That's definitely going to change with my next host family, though.  Unlike here, where both Nico and Edith speak English, at my next stop, only 1/4 family members speak English, and the one that does only speaks a limited amount.  Perhaps I will come back with advance French speaking abilities after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment