Friday, October 12, 2012

Purple Potatoes

Today for dinner, Edith prepared two things I had never seen before.  The first was a round mold of purple mashed potatoes, and the second was a sausage.  This morning, she explained to me that the sausage was made of animal blood and onions, so I'll be honest-- I got a little liquored up before the meal.


It baffles me that there exists a food which can naturally be that shade of purple, but I saw the potatoes before they were cooked, and they were definitely purple.  All of it wound up tasting pretty good, but I had to try really hard not to think about what that sausage was made of while I was chewing it.

In other news, Haribo got some sort of infection, so Edith took him to the vet and brought him home with a bald spot shaved into his side.  It was funny to watch him stumble about the house while the anesthesia wore off.  In case you couldn't tell, it was a pretty normal day, but those are the interesting parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment